Kennywood’s extremely popular Phantom Fright Nights event returns this weekend for its 17th year! The event runs from 6:00 pm to Midnight September 28th through October 28th on Friday and Saturday nights plus Sunday, October 7th and Sunday, October 28th. Phantom Fright Nights was voted 5th best Theme Park Halloween Event in the country in the 2017 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Awards! For current pricing and tickets, see the PFN page at Kennywood.com.
Feeling hungry? Sign up for the Phantom Fright Nights Pre-Scare Dinner buffet! Offered on October 13, 20, 27, and 28, a ticket will get you an all-you-can-eat buffet, PFN admission, and a pass to skip the line at your favorite haunt!
Finally, don’t forget the little ones! Happy Hauntings is the perfect event for kids 10 and under who aren’t quite ready for the scares of Phantom Fright Nights. Kids can enjoy Kiddieland, Thomas Town, and a few other attractions such as the Merry-Go-Round in addition to hay rides, pumpkin decorating, and more fun activities! Happy Hauntings takes place on Saturdays and Sundays October 6th through the 28th from Noon to 4:00 pm. For current pricing and tickets, see the Happy Hauntings page at Kennywood.com.
If you love horror movies, you’ll want to check out the new Friday the 13th 4D feature film playing at Kennywood’s 4D Theater during Phantom Fright Nights this year! The film features 13 gory kill scenes and provides “9 Minutes of Terror”!
On September 30th, we were graciously invited to a media preview for Friday the 13th 4D as well as the 2015 Phantom Fright Nights season! Upon entering the park, we were greeted by various ghouls and creatures who will be seen throughout Phantom Fright Nights this year.
In the 4D Theater preshow room, the scene was quite different from the regular season.
There’s some trouble happening here!
We also got to see a demonstration of how the actors’ makeup is done each and every night. This can be a time consuming process, but Kennywood’s talented makeup artists get the job done!
Pedro’s was serving us boiling blood. It was tasty! 😉
Some other Phantom Fright Nights notes:
- Kennywood is open for Phantom Fright Nights every Friday and Saturday in October from 6:00 p.m. to Midnight, plus Sunday October 11th from 6:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- “Ark In the Dark” returns this year for its first full season! For an extra fee, guests can enter a pitch-black Noah’s Ark two at a time and try to find their way out alive!
- Lords of Salem Rob Zombie Tribute band will be performing at the Kennyville Stage on Saturday, October 10th from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tickets are $32.99 at the gate, but they’re slightly cheaper online at $29.99 and cheaper yet at Giant Eagle for $27.99.
- A Phantom Fright Nights pass is available for $49.99 and gets you unlimited PFN admission plus one “RIP haunt tour”. A 2016 Premium Season Pass will also get you unlimited PFN visits in 2015.
- To purchase tickets online and view the list of attractions open for the event, visit https://www.kennywood.com/pfn.
Kennywood has posted their 2015 season calendar on their web site. Opening Day is May 2nd, 2015, and gates open at 11:00 am! A countdown to Opening Day is below for you diehard fans out there!
Phantom Fright Nights hours have changed for 2015. The park will now open at 6:00 pm rather than 7:00 pm and will close at Midnight rather than 1:00 am. We’re told this change was made was due to a law preventing Kennywood’s team members under the age of 18 from working past Midnight during the school year. This also means that on the Sunday they are open for Fright Nights, we’ll get five hours rather than four (6:00 – 11:00)!
Here’s looking forward to a great 2015 season! Is it May yet?!?!
This year, for the first time, Kennywood is offering a pass good for admission to all of Phantom Fright Nights! The cost of the pass is $49.99 and limited quantities are available. To purchase tickets, visit the official site. Admission at the gate is $32.99 plus $1 amusement tax. Receive $5 off of an admission ticket at Giant Eagle.
Phantom Fright Nights is open this year on Fridays and Saturdays between September 26th and November 1st from 7:00 pm to 1:00 am. They are also open Sunday, October 12th from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.