Year Opened: 1968
Builder: Andy Vettel/John A. Miller
Phantom Fright Nights: Open
Holiday Lights: Closed
Originally known as the Pippin, the Thunderbolt was built reusing several of the elements from the original coaster built in 1924. Reaching speeds of up to 55 mph and a final drop of 90 feet, this classic coaster remains a favorite to many guests at Kennywood.
Riders must be at least 52″ tall to ride. Riders must have a partner.