As mentioned in the below post, Kennywood’s Public Relations manager Jeff Filicko was kind enough to answer some questions for us when we visited the park. Click here to see the video of that interview on our YouTube channel or view below. Enjoy!
Kennywood Connection recently had the opportunity to pay Kennywood a visit! While there is no new ride for 2013, there are many projects going on throughout the park. Guests will see various changes and improvements throughout the park! Among the highlights are:
- Re-tracking and lift-hill structure work on Thunderbolt
- Several carousel horses stripped and painted
- Olde Kennywood Railroad rocking train display returns for 2013
- Red and blue trains from Racer were sent to PTC to be refurbished
- Barbecue / beer garden area is being enlarged and finished with new pavers
- Addition of several more cabanas (located in the same area)
- Purchase of new land behind Jack Rabbit and Racer finalized (will be used strictly as storage space for now)
- Kiddieland improvements including new fences and enlarged ride areas at many rides, as well as a new policy allowing parents into more ride areas to assist children with entering and exiting the rides
- The rumor that Raging Rapids and Olde Kennywood Railroad could be removed for a new ride is absolutely NOT TRUE! As stated above, the rocking train display is returning to the train this year, and many improvements are also being completed on Raging Rapids for 2013
To view the photo tour, click here to see the album on our Facebook page. Be sure to read the photo captions, as they contain further information on the points listed above. Also, be sure to join in on the discussion on our forums. Stay tuned in the next few days, as we also have a video interview with Jeff Filicko, Public Relations manager for Kennywood coming soon!